[kdepim-users] KMail 2 getting slower and slower

Nino Novak nino at kflog.org
Mon Feb 6 10:55:29 GMT 2012

On Sunday 05 February 2012, Andras Mantia wrote:

> Nino Novak wrote:
> > Can somebody help me to reduce the delay?
>
> Try to turn off nepomuk (system settings, desktop search).

Hm, this seems to help - but only a bit. Now it takes only 5-20 seconds - but
this is still too much waiting, compared to almost immediate reaction of old
kmail.

What I notice now is that if I wait some time (30 min) without doing anything,
the speed goes up again. Seems like kmail has finished the processes that
cause the slow response.

So tomorrow I'll try downloading mails and waiting for half an hour before
starting to read them.

Regards, Nino