[kdepim-users] Kmail and automatic completion

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:36:29 GMT 2012

On 27/01/12 13:04, Markus Feilner wrote:

> On 27.01.2012, 11:56, O. Sinclair wrote:

>>> (...)

>>> Nope, didn't help.
>>> I even removed the Kolab Account and created a personal contacts account
>>> where I successfully imported all my contacts from a Vcard-dile. But
>>> still, only "recently used" addresses pop up in Kontact. Strange, isn't
>>> it? I guess I'll try from scratch once more, with no IMAP Account, a
>>> fresh user account and only contacts in Kontact...
>>
>> Got the same problem myself after upgrade to 4.8...
>
> My last try for today didn't help:
> I added a new, virgin system user, logged in as this account, checked Akonadi
> config in kde system settings, strigi, nepomuk and akonadi are running.
>
> I then started Kontact, did not add a Mail account, but went straight to
> contacts and imported my vcal file. all went ok, but no autocompletion
> available in the e-mail composer.
>
> This happens here all the time on a Ubuntu 11.10, KDE 4.8, 64-BIt, Kernel
> 3.0.0-15-generic.
>
> Pretty sad..., ain't it?

it went missing again from my 4.7.4 - just like that! But now I have
figured out a method to get it back. A WEIRD method but it works for me...

1. Leave Personal Contacts resource as it is
2. Use System Settings Akonadi resources to create a vcard resource
based on a local directory - point it to the same folder as Personal
Contacts
3. In Kontact indicate that you only want to use Personal Contacts and ..
voila it works..

I have also been in the "depreciated" KDE resources and I think I tried
to tick Personal Contacts as "standard" even though it is "read-only" there.

Can someone/anyone confirm this works in 4.8 too?

Sinclair