[kdepim-users] kmail freezing

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Feb 27 16:41:23 GMT 2012

On Monday 27 Feb 2012 17:28:55 Anders Lund wrote:
> Is it common for other kmail (4.8) users that kmail sometimes freezes after
> showing a message?
>
> (I press "+" to go to next unread message, and in rancom occations, kmail
> freezes, and painting the window stops so that after having been hidden, it
> will just be a mousegrey square)
>
> Anders

I've had it freeze a few times.  If you are lucky to get the System Activity
(Ctrl+ESC) running before the freeze, you should see whats hogging the CPU,

i've had either virtuoso_t or kmail running at 100%, virtuoso_t be the culprit
most times and that can be jumping between 50 to 100% for a while before it
calms down.