[kdepim-users] Kontact retrieving mail vary slowly in 4.9.4

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Tue Dec 11 03:02:17 GMT 2012

I upgraded from 4.9.3 where things were OK to 4.9.4 on Kunbutu 12.04 through
kubuntu-ppa backports, and loading an email using Kontact is now painfully
slow.  I can get maybe one message every 30-60 seconds while staring at a
"Retrieving Folder Contents"  "Please wait ..." screen.  Sometimes I can get a
second message right away, most times not.  While I wait virtuoso-t eats all
the time of one core.  If I wait for a long while afterwards the cpu
consumption goes away only to return then I access kontact again.

Any suggestions?  At this point I really can't use Kontact.  Anyway to regress
to 4.9.3?