[kdepim-users] handling akonadi and nepomuk

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Wed Aug 8 09:16:07 BST 2012

Am 07.08.2012 16:47, schrieb Martin (KDE):
> Am 06.08.2012 20:41, schrieb Martin (KDE):
>> Am 06.08.2012 20:31, schrieb Kevin Krammer:
>
> [snip]
>
>> OK and thank you. I will try this and report back.
>
> The nepomuk thingy is done and working - almost perfect. If I stop
> nepomuk from command line with
>
> qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver org.kde.NepomukServer.quit
>
> before I run the log-off every thing is fine at login. But If I don't
> explicitly quit nepomuk it went down as well, but at next login I get a
> few seconds delay until the login sound plays (about 10 seconds).
> Desktop is usable during this time. In .xsession-error I got four times
> the message:
>
> nepomukservicestub: No service name specified
> nepomukservicestub: Use --help to get a list of available command line
> options.
>
> And after the last one the login sound plays and the rest of the systray
> applets appear (SELinux applet and Klipper).
>
> I have no idea where this come from (session management ?).

It seems to be a problem with session management. If I don't stop
nepomuk by hand before logout I have 6 entries of nepomukservicestub and
one nepomukcontroller in my ksmserverrc file. I don't know if the
controller has to be handled by session management but the stubs should
not be started by session manager. Is this a bug? Can this be configured
somewhere?

Regards
Martin