[kdepim-users] KMail2 at kdepim 4.9.0

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 07:13:18 BST 2012

On 17/08/2012 13:22, Maurice Batey wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:53:49 -0700, Robert Smits wrote:
>
>> KDE3 is alive and well, and is expected to be so for a long
>> time.
>
> Although the current state of KMail2's Find Messages prevents me from
> moving over to Mageia, the KDE 4.5.2 (KMail 1.13.5) I currently use
> on Mandriva 2010.2 works fine for me.

as stated in another thread I managed to get Find Messages working as I
expect it to by doing the following:

I edited the file
/HOME/.kde/share/config/akonadi_nepomuk_feederrc
to set the lines
InitialIndexingComplete=false
and
DisableIdleDetection=true

the first one seems to advice the system indexing is done and the second
one to use CPU regardless of state

Saved the file and did from konsole akonadictl stop, akondictl start.

Watched cpu getting crazy with virtuoso-t and let it take time.

Sequent searches on Subject, From, To etc takes a little bit time but
seems accurate like in thousands of results in "from: anna" being 1
friend 1 colleague and several years of mails saved.

Now cpu has calmed down and the ......rc file states
InitialIndexingComplete=true

though I left it at the ....Detection=true

YMMV but for me now search seems working and accurate.

If others confirm this may be good input for packagers (clearly how an
upgrade should be done) and maintainers as well as userbase and kde forums.

Sinclair