[kdepim-users] KMail forgets POP/SMTP password

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 13:58:04 BST 2012

OK. I've spent some time with KMail ever since this topic first came
up and as someone said, if you cancel the password prompt and try
sending again, it will (usually) pull the SMTP password from the wallet.

My question is this -- WHY do we have this problem at all, since KMail
can obviously pull the password from the wallet??? To me, this is an
issue that needs to be addressed, since even "technical people" like
us can get caught by this issue and think that KMail isn't saving
their password. This is a "usability" issue to me, not just a
"cosmetic" issue.