[kdepim-users] KMail forgets POP/SMTP password

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Thu Aug 23 17:53:45 BST 2012

On Thursday 23 August 2012 13:12 O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 22/08/2012 18:19, Pastor JW wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't find that credible at all - something else is going on.
> >
> > The what else that is going is it won't receive mail.  However, it is
> > likely now a moot point as we are actively now looking for a kmail
> > replacement because kmail no longer will save our passwords for our
> > accounts and download our mail without someone having to man the
> > computer.
>
> That is something I have not heard of any time before or in any forum.
> What KDE version on what distro is that?

The Pastor has disabled KWallet because it apparently crashes for him,
something that I have never experienced, which is more than what can be said
about most other apps. The only problem I've ever had with it, is that
occasionally it doesn't bring dialogs to the front, which can be a bit
confusing.

> my only problem is the one mentioned here, that SENDING asks for the
> password a bit randomly. But not for fetching mail, nope.

It doesn't look like sending is a problem ;) I get 4-8 copies of his mails.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus