[kdepim-users] KMail forgets POP/SMTP password

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Sun Aug 26 20:41:31 BST 2012

On Sunday, August 26, 2012 07:55:40 PM Anne Wilson wrote:

> > I just lost my wallet for no apparent reason.  Things were
> > working, I logged out and back in and all I get now is "Error
> > opening the wallet 'kdewallet'. Please try again\n(Error code
> > -9:Read error - possibly incorrect password.)" No password change
> > since installing 12.04.
>
> Does everything look OK in KWalletManager?

Not sure what to look for - if I enable kwallet in the configuration I see the
wallet but can not open it, I get the "read error" when entering the correct
password.  I can create a new wallet and access it and it asks for and accepts
the right password after logging out and back in.  I'm guessing that's about
all I can do to test it and that my original wallet got corrupted somehow and
is now history.