[kdepim-users] KMail forgets POP/SMTP password

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 11:47:49 BST 2012

Hey, I've noticed recently that KMail (4.8.4 using KDE 4.8.4 on Fedora 17)
seems to forget at least my SMTP password, despite the fact that I put it in
the config and each time it asks for it, I put it in and check "remember
password." Fortunately, this only seems to happen once whenever I start KMail.
I normally leave it up, but my machine has developed a bad habit of shutting
down spontaneously, and sometimes KMail will get hosed if I leave it running
for days at a time and I have to shut it down and restart it. So, as you can
see it's not like an every 5 minutes, but more like once or twice a day, but
that's still aggravating to have to type your password in, when KMail is
supposed to remember it.