[kdepim-users] KMail2 at kdepim 4.9.0

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Aug 21 09:01:42 BST 2012

Robin Atwood wrote:

> Does the community consider KMail2 usable yet? I have gotten a bit tired
> of installing the latest kdepim and after a day rapidly restoring
> 4.4.11.1. Last time the main problem for me was that the filters were not
> automatically applied, I had to constantly do C-A/C-J manually. Also, the
> mail was never delivered to the inbox folder but the enveloping one, call
> Folder or something.
>
> So what's the feeling out there?

The only serious (ie. that could cause data loss) bug is with online imap
accounts and local spam filtering. That is still not fixed, unfortunately
the fix I tried didn't work. In that case you have two choices:
- use a disconnected imap account (that just means mail bodies are
completely downloaded)
- do not use client-side spam filtering, but use sieve scripts server side

Filtering on disconnected IMAP and POP3 account apparently works fine, with
an ocassional *temporary* message duplicating in the destination folder
(temporary, as a refresh on the folder usually removes the duplicate, it is
just a duplicate in the "index", not on the storage/disk) and filtering not
working for some messages that were downloaded after a resume from
hibernation. The filtering starts to work after the first manual
sync/download.

I will look at both bugs at one point, latest at the KDEPIM sprint in
October.

Andras