[kdepim-users] Connecting to KAddressBook

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:44:11 BST 2012

On 13/04/12 13:31, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Am Freitag, 13. April 2012 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
>> On Friday, 2012-04-13, O. Sinclair wrote:
>>> try contacting it as a vcard folder (folder with vcards) in
>>> .local/share/contacts (might reside elsewhere on your system) as that
>>> have worked for me in other situations
>>
>> Absolutely, reading the actual on-disk data is probably the easiest
>> way. KDE's PIM data infrastructure supports several ways of storing
>> addressbook data, e.g. as mentioned above as a directory of vcard
>> files, or as a vcard file containing multiple contacts, etc.
>
> Is that irony?
>
> I thought Libreoffice could just use Akonadi to retrieve the addressbook
> data and then be independent of the way it is stored which may even not be
> local like a LDAP based addressbook.

Well - Akonadi is a KDE technology, at least for now, and I doubt that
Libre/Openoffice has made any efforts yet to adapt to it. Possibly
Calligra but that was not the question.

Fact remains: your Personal Contacts is a folder with vcard files in it.
All but Distrbution Lists/Groups should work if you point Libreoffice to
it and LOffice has a function for vcard folders.

Not irony, just KDE life at this moment in time.