[kdepim-users] Success with Kontact/4.8.2

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Sun Apr 22 08:10:22 BST 2012

On Apr 21, 2012, at 11:42 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 07:27:22 PM Till Adam wrote:
>> 4.9 will have this fixed and additionally be able to find any email address
>> in your nepomuk store.
>
> What does that mean?

So far the address completion was doing three things, to provide completion: search the address books in Akonadi (which was broken in 4.8), search the list of recently used addresses as maintained by Akonadi, and search LDAP servers, if they are configured. In 4.9, the search that goes through Akonadi works again and finds more and more sensible matches. But additionally we now have a search that goes directly to Nepomuk and matches the completion string against all email addresses known to Nepomuk, not just the ones Akonadi maintains as address book entries. These are harvested from all emails we have indexed, but also from anywhere else that feeds content into Nepomuk. What is still missing is aggregation of all of these email addresses into higher level "person" objects, but that is also work in progress.

Till