[kdepim-users] Calendars and To-Do List info gone?

Russ Mannex russ at mannex.com
Sun Apr 29 15:17:09 BST 2012

Thanks for that, Martin. Actually, the contacts are still there and accessible
via kaddressbook. It's just the calendar and todo items that are no longer
there. What I mean by "lost" is that when I open Kontact or Korganizer, the
calendar and todo items I had added do not display. The default holidays are
there, though. There is no way to add new calendar or todo items, as the menu
items to add new items have been greyed out. The item to import is still
there, and it asks for the file, etc., then proceeds to "import" but the items
do not get added.

Akonadi sees to be OK and tests OK, and the calendar that displays by clicking
on the desktop clock DOES show the calendar items I had added, so they are not
destroyed, but the tools I use to access them cannot see them, and I cannot
add new items. Which means I can't work with them at all.

In the meantime, I've temporarily migrated my items to an on-line service
(which I really don't like).

I'm running Mint 12 KDE. Akonadi is using mysql. Kontact and Korganizer
versions 4.7.3 (as distributed with Mint).

I am still using kmail and kaddressbook, and I really have enjoyed Kontact and
Korganizer, so I would like to get them running again. Please let me know if
you need any more information or have any suggestions. Thanks!

--
-Mannex