[kdepim-users] Kontact in Kubuntu 11.10: how to import a local calendar into the Akonadi Googledata calendar?

Bas Roufs - Nederlandstalige boodschap basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:59:45 BST 2012

Hello Everybody,

At present, I am working with KDE 4.8.2. along with Kubuntu 11.10.
I do manage now to sync with the google calendar and address book via Akonadi
Googledata. However, I still do not manage to import a local calendar into the
one of Google - in spite of several months of research at the internet and at
a few forums.

Below, I summarise what I have been doing so far in this context.

Of course, I make backups of my ical files all the time.

In K-Menu > System, I have changed settings in  "personal information":
especially in the akonadi configuration module. There, I have added the
birthday and the google calendar resource. Aditionally, I have removed there
all the other resources, including the one of the "personal calendar" -
however, without deleting it's ical file. Then, I tried to import that file into
the Akonadi Googledata calendar via Dolphin, via Konqueror and directly via
Kontact > Calendar > File > Import > Import calendar. So far, none of those
methods have been effective!

When importing an .ics file directly into Google, only the events get through:
not the tasks.

Be so kind to provide me with your suggestions and thoughts. Thanks,
respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

.
--