[kdepim-users] backing up Kmail

Reid rsv869 at roadrunner.com
Sat Apr 21 18:49:51 BST 2012

Great.  That's the solution I was hoping for.  And I understand also how
that archive can be imported.

A few questions are still not clear to me:

        Which directory is mail data stored in?

        My next question has to do with migrating from Evolution to
        Kmail.  I pull mail from several mail accounts, gmail being one
        of them.  I don't delete the mail as I pull it and it, in a  way
        this acts like a backup and also allows me to check messages
        remotely.  But when I migrate I've got mail in that on-line
        location, and mail data on my machine that will need to be
        imported. Do you have any thoughts about the best way to go
        about this migration.  I'm aware that in the Kmail import tool
        there's a check-box that allows you to make a selection that
        eliminates duplicates.  I assume that works.

        Any thoughts about migrating several accounts would be welcome.
        Is it best to migrate the data first and then connect to the
        account imap and pop accounts, or vice-versa?

Thanks

RSV869