[kdepim-users] GMAIL along with KMAIL 4.7.4 and offline (disconnected) IMAP.: still unable to fetch all the e-mails.

Bas G. Roufs M.A. basroufs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 18:01:02 BST 2012

Hello Everybody

After a bit of tweaking, I am getting somewhere half-way with Kontact along
with KDE 4.7.4. - at a fresh install of Kubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric).
I do manage to synchronise:
my address book in Kontact with that of GMAIL via Akonadi Googledata;
the RSS feeds via "Akregator";
recent e-mails from my GMAIL account in INBOX, SENT ITEMS and ALL MESSAGES
all the e-mails in smaller "label" folders.
I also do manage now to SEND my e-mail and to use a local calendar. However, I
still have have two major difficulties:
I do not yet manage to sync the local calendar with that in Google;
I do not manage to fetch all my e-mails.
For the time being, I focus on the e-mail problem. Each attempt to sync the e-
mail folders ends up in the following error message:

Fetch job error in Kontact.
"Unknown error. (Unable to fetch item from backend)".

Internet research so far did not deliver me any solution or "workaround".

In fresh installs along with previous versions of Kubuntu and KDE, it took me
12 to 24 hours to sync the e-mails and folders for a first time, however, it
worked quite well. Subsequent synchronisation efforts took me 5 to 30 minutes
each, which is perfectly OK for me.

However, for KDE 4.7.4. I really would appreciate any help that could
contribute to finding some solution or "workaround". Thank you very much for
any input that might be possible for some amongst you.

Respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

--
Bas G. Roufs MA