[kdepim-users] KMail2 how to create custom message id

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 21:25:50 BST 2011

On Wednesday 14 September 2011, Malte Gell wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 13. September 2011, 22:22:36 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > > I see. Can the MIME library be configured somehow or is its
> > > behaviour hardcoded? Any chance to influence the library´s
> > > behaviour?
> >
> > It should be possible to set our own Message-id header
> > programmatically.
> >
> > Using filters one could probably workaround the change by passing
> > messages that are being sent through a script which adds/sets the
> > header.
>
> I have once tried to use filters and KMail´s capability to rewrite
> header entries. But that did not work. So you think to pipe a
> message thru a script might work? I have doubts, doesn´t KMail write
> the message id header just shortly before sending, thus overwriting
> the changes from a script?

Well, I think the point of the filters that are applied on sending
(resp. just before that) is that you can modify the message that is
about to be sent exactly as it will be sent. But then again sending it
now delegated to another Akonadi agent (the mail dispatcher agent). I
don't know whether this agent modifies the message.

I think you simply have to give it a try.