[kdepim-users] Kmail 4.7.0 Shows Unread Messages That Cannot be Displayed and Have Been Read

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:13:52 BST 2011

On Monday, September 05, 2011 08:34:28 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 04 Sep 2011 Garry T. Williams wrote:
> > >
> > > I got around this by disabling Nepomuk Semantic Desktop.  Messages
> > > now stay read and can always be displayed in the preview pane.
> > > (This also eliminated lots of disk and CPU activity. :-)
> >
> > Continuing my monologue, I spoke too soon.  This problem is still
> > there.  It just takes longer for it to appear after disabling Nepomuk
> > Semantic Desktop.
>
> Keep Nepomuk enabled - it doesn't use much in the way of resources except
> during the migration to KMail2.  Strigi, the indexer, is the big hog.

OK, thanks.  I reenabled it and disables strigi.  A lot less system
activity still.  But the irritating problem of unread messages coming
back persists.  Plus the jumping to a new message after new mail
arrives.

> I did see this once recently in KMail 1.  Something, somewhere had
> failed, and it took a reboot to fix it, but I haven't seen it since.

I get the feeling that it's just me.  I wonder what to do then.  It
seems like a lot of work to move aside all my mail and configure from
scratch and then (somehow?) import my tree again.  Actually, I don't
know how I would do that part.

The bug I opened is not getting any attention as far as I can see.
(This isn't a complaint.  I realize that there could be many rrasons
for this.  I realize that it could be getting attention that is not
reflected in Bugzilla.)  Would it be better to open a bug on Fedora
instead of KDE?

--
Garry Williams