[kdepim-users] Launching Korganizer from system notification tray

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:01:23 BST 2011

Dear list

I have recently installed Korganizer 4.4.7on Debian stable and so far it
does exactly what I want from a calendar/ scheduler application, so
kudos for that.

There is one snag however.  I prefer to use Gnome as my WM and while
Korganizer minimises to the system notification area nicely, I seem
unable to relaunch it from there by clicking on it.  By "relaunching", I
mean bring it back into a non-minimised view so that I can see upcoming
appointments or add new ones.  If I left click on the tray icon, nothing
happens, and if I right click on it I am presented with options about
the reminder daemon but nothing to bring the application into a usable
state.  To do this, I have to select it from the main menu.

Is there a configuration setting that I can adjust to enable this or was
it not intended to be triggered from the system tray?

Thanks for any help on this.

AG