[kdepim-users] kmail2 apparently losing mail while migrating to local imap

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Sep 26 18:55:30 BST 2011

Am Montag, 26. September 2011 schrieb Alan McKinnon:

> > Unfortunately so far we couldn't reproduce the issue. We really tried
> > it at the last PIM meeting and I will give a try once more as soon as
> > I have time.
>
> It's probably not worth trying to replicate actually.
>
> I did have many problems with kmail2 over the months, but I was using a
> config that had come a long way and been migrated through many version.
> Some had even been reverted and done again, so who knows what unusual
> stuff may have been living in it. Everyone else that I ever found that
> had problems with kmail2 was in the same position as I.
>
> Many people reported here and on the web that they didn't have
> problems. I noticed that everyone who mentioned the state of their
> config had either a clean start or migrated cleanly from a recent
> version.
>
> Those are my observations and are anecdotal at best, they lead me to
> believe that your unit tests are probably the best way forward to find
> sticky issues still needing debugging

So your recommendation would be to delete kmail configuration completely
and recreate everything from scratch?

Well I think before I could at least try to import. Maybe it works for me.
But I have a quite old kmailrc with who knows what cruft in it. Its easily
from KDE 3.x times where x was rather small.

[$Version]
update_info=kmail.upd:1,kmail.upd:4,kmail.upd:5,kmail.upd:6,kmail.upd:7,kmail.upd:8,kmail.upd:9,kmail.upd:3.1-
update-identities,kmail.upd:3.1-use-identity-uoids,kmail.upd:3.2-update-
loop-on-goto-unread-settings,kmail.upd:3.1.4-dont-use-UOID-0-for-any-
identity,kmail.upd:3.2-misc,kmail.upd:3.2-moves,kmail.upd:3.3-use-ID-for-
accounts,kmail.upd:3.3-move-identities-to-own-file,kmail.upd:3.3-aegypten-
kpgprc-to-kmailrc,kmail.upd:3.3-misc,kmail.upd:3.3b1-
misc,kmail.upd:3.4,kmail.upd:3.4a,kmail.upd:3.4b,kmail.upd:3.4.1,kmail.upd:3.5-
filter-icons,kmail.upd:3.5.4,kmail.upd:3.5.7-imap-flag-
migration,kmail.upd:3.5.7-imap-flag-migration-2,mailtransports.upd:initial-
kmail-migration,kmail.upd:4.0-misc,kmail.upd:4.2,kmail.upd:3.1-new-mail-
notification,kmail.upd:3.3-update-filter-rules

KMail from KDE 3.1? ;)

Anyway, so KDE 4.7.x packages for Debian yet.

Thanks,