[kdepim-users] Spell-checker in KMail 1.13.7

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 20:09:04 BST 2011

On Sat September 3 2011, Martin (KDE) wrote:

> Not in this. I tried kmail2 a few months ago and the language settings
> are the same.
>
> This is one of the things I like very much on kmail. My native
> language and with this many emails are German. For mailing list I
> usually use English. With most of the other mail clients I have to
> switch the language by hand every time I change the language. With
> kmail I define two different identities. One with German and one with
> English. I then set the sender identity for my folders according to
> the language an I no longer have to switch it manually.

Note, I'm not AGAINST having per-identity language selections. I just think
it ought to *default* to the system-wide settings. For people like me with
multiple "identities" (read: email addresses) it's a pain to have to go in
and configure each one separately. It doesn't take *that* long, but it's
annoying to have a different dictionary by default for each individual email
address/identity you have.