[kdepim-users] kmail stopped working totally

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 00:27:54 BST 2011

Alan McKinnon wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:26:10 -0400
> Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Neal Becker wrote:
>>
>> > kdepim-4.7.0-1.fc15.x86_64
>> >

>> > Started with kmail won't send queued mail (again).  I had
>> > previously solved this using
>> > akonadictl restart
>> >
>> > This time no good.
>> >
>> > receive set to imap.  That stopped working also (I believe).  After
>> > fiddling with akonadi console, I finally deleted the receiving
>> > account (from gmail). Then tried to add a new imap.  Can't do it!
>> > I can add, but clicking on 'modify' to configure it, nothing
>> > happens, except this message:
>> >
>> > Known subscriber "akonadi_imap_resource_2" subscribes again
>> >
>> > So now can't send mail anymore.   Can't receive anymore.
>> >

>> I see if I try to add a pop receive account, at least I get a dialog
>> to configure it.  Adding imap there is no dialog to configure it and
>> no way to configure it (modify does nothing - no dialog is opened).
>
> The description of your problem is some what general so it's hard to
> figure where to start, you are likely to get either a lot of possible
> things to check, or none at all.
>
> One piece of advice I can offer is to create a new test user and
> configure this user to use the same mail settings you use now. When
> everything is done and working, compare both sets of *config files*
> looking for differences. Most people complaining of odd kmail2
> behaviour seem to have gone through several migrations and upgrades with
> the same config files, the chances you did too are good.
>
> This isn't something you should do right away, it's a big gun approach,
> something useful to keep in mind as a last resort when you've truly
> done everything else you can think of and nothing was successful.

Only problem is, I don't know what files to compare.  And, are they all text
files, or is some of this in the form of sql database?

In ~/.config/akonadi I see suspicious stuff:
  -rw-rw-r--   1 nbecker nbecker      41 Sep  8 16:34
agent_config_akonadi_imap_resource_5
[Agent]
Name=IMAP Account 6
Online=false

  -rw-rw-r--   1 nbecker nbecker       8 Sep  8 16:33
agent_config_akonadi_imap_resource_5_changes.dat