[kdepim-users] Spell-checker in KMail 1.13.7

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sat Sep 3 19:56:20 BST 2011

Am Samstag, 3. September 2011 schrieb John Aldrich:
> On Sat September 3 2011, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Realistically, "everywhere else" means "everywhere else I could
> > think of" so you might have missed it.  Since you didn't, that's
> > strange behaviour.  I see you are using F15 - I use F14 on this
> > laptop, but it is holding British English without any problems.
> > Perhaps it is time to file a Fedora bug report.
>
> Well, someone else pointed me towards the "identities." Apparently
> KMail sets it by identity, and does not honor the "global"
> preferences. I think that might be worth at least defaulting. I
> will probably wait for the next version of KMail to see how it
> does things before I file a bug report. I know there are a LOT of
> changes with the next version of KMail.

Not in this. I tried kmail2 a few months ago and the language settings
are the same.

This is one of the things I like very much on kmail. My native
language and with this many emails are German. For mailing list I
usually use English. With most of the other mail clients I have to
switch the language by hand every time I change the language. With
kmail I define two different identities. One with German and one with
English. I then set the sender identity for my folders according to
the language an I no longer have to switch it manually.

Martin