[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 31 10:15:05 GMT 2011

On Monday 31 Oct 2011 09:42:39 Andreas Zeller wrote:
> > What are all these std.vcf and std.vcf_x files for (especially given
> > that they are all empty)?
>
> Welcome to my world (see "Kaddressbook lost contacts 11.10 upgrade" from
> 22. October 2011)
>
> std.vcf should contain the data and the other appear to be backups, I
> assume. These files are empty even in my backups for weeks and months.
> Since KDE4 the data is handled by a Database called Akonadi.

If your backup files are empty, dating back for weeks and months, it cannot be
in any way related to Akonadi.  It sounds as though you have been happily
using addresses from Recent Addresses, saved in the kmail config files, without
realising that you had lost data.

> I searched for eMail-addresses (file content not file name) which are
> stored in the contacts. They where found in
>
> ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ibdata1
> ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi/parttable.ibd
> ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/freebusyurls
> ~/.kde/share/config/krusaderrc

If Akonadi is set up correctly you should have individual vcf files in
~/.local/share/contacts.  If there is nothing there, migration has not taken
place - presumably because it found an empty std.vcf.  You *must* find your old
backups - it is the only place you have data now.

Anne
--
New to KDE Software?  Got some good hints and tips? - Welcome to
http://userbase.kde.org