[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Andreas Zeller a-zeller at web.de
Mon Oct 31 13:36:11 GMT 2011

Am 31.10.2011, 13:53 Uhr, schrieb Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:

> On Monday 31 Oct 2011 11:37:11 Andreas Zeller wrote:
>> I never used KMail.
>>
>> Before Update the contacts contain much more than eMail. I also stored
>> addresses, phone numbers, pictures, Notes and more and it works without
>> problems. Can all this be stored in KMail config files? Where are they?
>>
>> I'm desperately looking for old config files in hopes that I find my
>>  data.   There must be a config file which contains the location where
>> data
>>  was stored before update!?
>>
> If you didn't use KMail, what did you use?  That would affect where the
> addresses it used were kept.

For eMail I use Opera - for over 7 years now - so the eMail addresses are
stored separately.

>> Where was the data stored, if not in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf
>> because it works before update?!?
>>
> What worked, though?  What mail application was reading them, if not
> KMail?

I'm missing my contact-data stored in KAdressbook: email addresses, postal
addresses, phone and fax numbers, pictures, Notes and other information.
The eMail correspondence and therefor the email addresses are
administrated by Opera in ~/.opera/mail/.

Before update to Kubuntu 11.10 the KAddressbook worked fine inside
Kontact. I used it every day.