[kdepim-users] IMAP filtering only works on manual filtering

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 22:53:59 BST 2011

On Mon October 24 2011, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > They arrive in the inbox. The problem is to get them out of there ;-)
> >
> > I filter all mailing list mails to different folders and it mostly
> > works. eg. this message was filtered correctly and moved to my
> > kdepim-users folder. Others just stay in the inbox until I trigger
> > the filters manually.
>
> Do you see any pattern? How many messages get filtered correctly and how
> many don't? Did you have a look at the filter log (under Tools)?

Interesting. I have the exact *opposite* problem, or at least I used to. I
know that in the filter rules, there is an "advanced" tab for each separate
filter. If, somehow, the system got set up to default to "from all but
online IMAP accounts" that might explain the observed behavior. The OP
should check their filter rules and verify that the "radio button" is not
set to "from all but online IMAP accounts."

I apologize if this has already been covered, I haven't been following this
thread closely.