[kdepim-users] KMail SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Thu Nov 24 19:49:18 GMT 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 14:33 -0500, John Aldrich wrote:
> On 11/24/2011 02:23 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
> > Another rant: KMail keeps losing my filters! After the first couple
> > times I got smart and exported most of my filters, so I just have to
> > re-import them, but this is a HUGE PITA! Anyone got any idea what is
> > going on with this?!?!?!
> Now, KMail seems hell-bent on ignoring several of my filters and pi$$ing
> me off royally...I have filters set up to filter messages based on
> subject, sender, recipient, etc to certain folders. However, KMail seems
> delighted to totally ignore those filters and do just the opposite of
> what I want and dump them in the "inbox" no matter if I manually move
> them or try to manually run the filter, it just dumps 'em back in the
> inbox! AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!>:o

You are panic , kmail2 are simple rules, but I have to work and don't
have time to explain to you,
thing is backup mail , akanodi configurations etc ,
has I wrote on :
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdepim-users&m=132140480409324&w=2
do akonadi resources again and use local folder instead kmail folders.
do resources again and after this , accounts inbox sent-mail etc ,
expired folders, and filters are mess up , I have to fix one by one ,
which was quick . 3 pop accounts and 30 filters. and some expired
folders. If you don't backup it like me , you may lose emails by a wrong
expired folder. My lesson was expired folder sent to trash and do not
delete permanently .

have fun.
--
Sérgio M. B.