[kdepim-users] Invisible contacts

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:39:40 GMT 2011

After upgrading kdepim then downgrading again a couple of times I
ended up with a very unstable Fedora, so yesterday I reinstalled
(F14).  KMail seems totally stable, but I have a strange problem with
KAddressBook.

Initially I could see all the addresses in the subfolders of Personal
Contacts, but no top-level ones.  I went into Akonadi Configuration to
check the resources which looked fine, but now I have an empty
Personal Contacts and no contacts at all.

~//local/share/contacts has four folders and 305 files.

When reinstalling I renamed ~/.kde and restored only the essentials
(email identities and the like, and gpg).  I forgot to rename ~/.local.
Could this be causing the problem?  And if so, any idea which bits in
particular?  I'm guessing that I need to rebuild the database, since it
will have some akonadi-fied mail etc..  Could someone please advise
me?

Anne