[kdepim-users] Spurious mail folders

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:13:20 GMT 2011

When I tested KMail 2 I had several spurious folders created.  I do
remember that Kevin wrote about this at some time, but I can't find the
mail or blog from which I read it.  If I recall correctly, the problem
occurs if a folder contains unread messages at the moment of migration.
 OTOH, I may be remembering that completely wrong.  In my case the
folders concerned all had names beginning with upper case letters (most
of my folders do), and a new folder with a lower-case letter was
created, such as

A-spam
a-spam

KMail 1 doesn't see those folders, but KMail 2 did, and Thunderbird
does.  Whatever the problem is, it's on the IMAP server, as it doesn't
seem possible to do anything about it on the client end - moving to
trash merely results in a new entity being created upon restart.

In a mail client, clicking on one of them results in a message that the
server replied that they do not exist.

My question, then, is should I seek these folders on the server and
delete them there?  Any hints?

Anne
--
Need KDE help?  Try