[kdepim-users] so where did my address book go now??

Andreas Zeller a-zeller at web.de
Wed Nov 23 09:55:21 GMT 2011

Am 23.11.2011, 01:25 Uhr, schrieb Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>:

> On Sunday, November 20, 2011 11:59:11 PM Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk>
> wrote:
>> On Mandag den 21. november 2011, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

>> > I do have those things enabled. But it seems the file containing the
>> > data is gone. I don't have a ~/.local/share/contacts, the vcf files
>> > in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc are all empty, and
>> > ~/.kde/share/apps/kaddressbook is empty. Where else would I look?
>>
>> Create a akonadi resource that points to the file in
>> ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc, or point the existing one there.
>

> Problem is, there's nothing there. I don't know where my old address book
> was to grab it from a backup and put it in place for Akonadi to see.
>
> I imported my KDE3 addressbook (as a CSV) into KDE4 some time ago and
> never
> understood where it went - it just worked.

I had the same problem. If you have a backup of home, replace your actual
home (rename) and reboot. For me that works, the contacts were back again
and I could export them. I assume they were still stored in
~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ibdata1 and
~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi/collectionable.idb.

hth