[kdepim-users] KMail and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 IMAP4

Aekold Helbrass helbrass at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 10:19:28 GMT 2011

Hi All!

I've just encountered problem setting up IMAP in KMail for Exchange
2003 server. It works in thunderbird, so I guess that I am doing
something completely wrong or there is some issue with kmail.

I created new account, configured it, autodetected server
possibilities, it works without encryption and clear text login. The
same as in thunderbird. Pressed OK and waiting what will happen.
Opened configuration dialog back in few minutes, and it writes
"connection established". Checked again in Thunderbird, it still works
fine. Left KMail for few minutes in hope it will download something.
In about 15 minutes nothing happened - I quit kmail and tried
from-scratch setup in another user - the same story. But now I see
that '/usr/bin/akonadi_imap_resource --identifier
akonadi_imap_resource_8' process of main user is eating one core 100%
and 330 MB RAM already.

So, what can I do to get additional info what's wrong? And of course
how can I fix it?