[kdepim-users] Kaddressbook lost contacts 11.10 upgrade

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Nov 2 21:35:26 GMT 2011

<kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:

> >> Kaddressbook,

> >> my ~/.local/share/contacts/ contains only WARNING_README.txt
> >>
> >> If I look in my backups, ~/.local/share/contacts doesn't exist.
> >
> > So it seems that between your backup and your current setup a
> > "Personal Contacts" handler has been created but not used.
> >
> > Can you try running
> > kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources
> > and check if the is such an entry and if yes if it uses the above
> > path (select, click configure)?
>
> kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources starts a Programm-Window called
> "Einrichtung des persönlichen Informationsmanagement von Akonadi"
> (personal information management of Akonadi) with no entry. The
> presets are also empty. What shall I add? My ~/.local/share/contacts
> is empty.
>
> By the way, if I start "Einrichtung des persönlichen
> Informationsmanagement von Akonadi" from the system control panel,
> there are many entries:
>
> two times "Persönliche Kontakte" (Personal Contacts) referencing to
> ~/.local/share/contacts/ (there is only WARNING_README.txt)
>
> akonadi_kabc_resource_6 and akonadi_kabc_resource_7, doesn't work
> because no KDE_ addressbook
>
> akonadi_kabc_resource_8 and "Adressbuch von Kontakte" (addressbook of
> Kontacts), working, references to ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/stdvcf
> (vCard) which is empty

> >> ~/.kde/share/config/kabc/ doesn't exist in my home neither in my
> >> backup.
> >
> > Yeah, my bad, ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc not share/config
>
> My ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc contains only empty *.vcf files.

> >> my ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/ contains only empty *.vcf files and if
> >> I look back in my backups, that's this way since month but
> >> KAdressbook works properly till last week
> >
> > Very strange.
> > Can you check through running
> > kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources
> > whether you have any other addressbook handlers?
>
> see above.
>
> I assume the data is still stored in Akonadi because if I search for
> eMail-addresses, I found them inside
>
> ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ibdata1
> ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi/parttable.ibd
> ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/freebusyurls
> ~/.kde/share/config/krusaderrc
>
> where ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ibdata1 and
> ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi/parttable.ibd contain 10 MiB
> each.

Please start 'akonadiconsole'. This tool allows you to look into
Akonadi's storage.

On the Agents tab you will find (among others) the Akonadi resources
that correspond to address books. Check which ones are active/online and
where they point to.

On the Browser tab you can look into the collections (e.g. address
books) stored by the resources. If the address book resource used before
the upgrade is still there then you should be able to browse your
address book.