[kdepim-users] How to generate an "OpenPGP" key in Kubuntu 11.04 or 11.10?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:41:57 GMT 2011

Hello István and others

2011/11/7 Kapcsándi István <istvan.kapcsandi at gmail.com>:
> You should install kleopatra (apt-get install kleopatra) and
> generate a new  (own) cert. Then you can select that in kmail's
> settings.

This sounds reasonable. That's why, I already have installed
"Kleopatra" :-) (I like this name)  - it appears to be a part  of the
KDE-PIM. However, one question remains. When starting Kleopatra, a
"self-test" is being carried out. The whole checklist looks all right,
except the last point of attention on it: the so-called "GPG agent
connection". This connection is not available. Two corrective actions
are being proposed:
1. to check whether "GPG Agent" functions;
2. to check whether "GPG_AGENT-INFOvariable" is up to date.
With respect to both checks, my question is: how can I carry them out?

Thanks, respectfully yours,
Bsa.

--
Bas G. Roufs