[kdepim-users] how to get rid of barcode displays in contact detail view

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun Nov 27 13:10:01 GMT 2011

Hi!

The Debian Qt/KDE team released KDE SC 4.7.2 packages (except for KDEPIM 2
which will come separately at a later time).

I upgraded to:

merkaba:~> dpkg -l | grep akonadi | cut -c1-70
ii  akonadi-backend-mysql                      1.6.2-0r1
ii  akonadi-backend-postgresql                 1.6.2-0r1
ii  akonadi-backend-sqlite                     1.6.2-0r1
ii  akonadi-server                             1.6.2-0r1
ii  akonadiconsole                             4:4.4.11.1+l10n-1
ii  kdepim-runtime                             4:4.4.11.1-3
ii  libakonadi-calendar4                       4:4.7.2-0r1
ii  libakonadi-contact4                        4:4.7.2-0r1
ii  libakonadi-kabc4                           4:4.7.2-0r1
ii  libakonadi-kcal4                           4:4.7.2-0r1
ii  libakonadi-kde4                            4:4.7.2-0r1
ii  libakonadi-kmime4                          4:4.7.2-0r1
ii  libakonadiprotocolinternals1               1.6.2-0r1

and now the addressbook displays two ugly and big barcodes for each
contact. I have no use for them and like to get rid of them. I bet there
are for scanning via smartphone, but since I do not have one and for now
actually also do not like one, I like to disable the barcode displays. (If
I were to invent barcodes, I bet I would make them look beautiful, maybe
like moodbars in Amarok or so ;-)

I have seen them in akonadiconsole as well, but found no setting to
disable them. Is it possible to customize contact detail view?

Thanks,