[kdepim-users] KMail2 folder confusion

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:42:27 GMT 2011

I did a new install (new .kde) and when I started Kontact/KMail there
were no folder at all.

I then created an Akonadi-resource pointing to
/home/myname/.local/share/local-mail. This seemingly works fine, the
folder is there so to speak. I could then import all my old email
folders from a backup using KMail import function.

Good, or so it seems/seemed.

Browsing around looking for hints/solutions as to why virtuoso-t is
grabbing my cpu I found hints that Akonadi or KMail save all mails now
in .../local/share/.local-mail

Curious I looked in ../local/share and for sure there is a
.local-share.directory ... and in this are all my folders, inbox
included. In ../local/share/local-mail there are only 3 folders, cur -
new - tmp.

I am more than a little bit confused, is there an "underlying" logic
here that yes, local-mail is created but .local-mail.directory is where
all mail should actually be. Or is my mail setup / akonadi configuration
as confused as I feel?

hope someone knows..
Sinclair