[kdepim-users] kmail2 migration with 4.8RC - still not there

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sun Nov 27 17:54:34 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate my kmail1 setup to kmail2 - for testing before really using it, I copied
everything (~/Mail ~/.local ~/.config ~/.kde4) into a virtual machine (vbox) running openSuse 12.1/32bit.

I upgraded KDE to the packages from KDE trunk (e.g. kdepim4-4.7.80-1.2.i586, although the Help menu still tells
me that this is KDE 4.7.3 ...)

I removed everything akonadi related before doing the actual migration, e.g. ~/.local/share/akonadi ~/.config/akonadi and so on,
even /home/koller/.local/share/local-mail, which it recreates every time ...
(of course I made sure akonadi is not running).

Then I simply started "kmail-migrator --interactive" on the commandline.
I saw that it created the mySQL db, etc. and showed the migration dialog, which ended in "success". Perfect, I thought ... but:

In the konsole where I started the migration I now get continuously 3 times per second the following message:

akonadi_maildispatcher_agent(12469)/libakonadi: Resource id's don't match:  "akonadi_maildir_resource_0" "akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_0"

What does that mean ?

Also, mysqld, akonadiserver and akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource are sharing the CPU, which is at 100% for some time already.
Question: is there some experience with how long this (I assume) initial filling of the DB takes ?
(find Mail/|wc -l results in 99210)

Sometimes (about every 30 messages from above) I also get this output:

akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(12468) ItemQueue::removeDataResult: "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

My mail setup has only local mbox and maildir files, no IMAP etc.
The migration created the following mail related resources:
- 2 POP3 resources (which can't download data as I disabled the network to be sure not to download my real mails)
- "Local Folders" maildir
- 2 local mbox file resource
- "Kmail Folders"

All of them are "green" and say "Ready" in systemsettings.

Interesting is also: I now started "kmail" in a second konsole session, and kmail pops up the "Do you want to migrate now?"
dialog ... why that ? I already ran it by myself ... ?

ok, I click "migrate now" and it fails with an error dialog (no wonder) and in konsole I see:
main: Migration of kmailrc has already run, not running it again

That's ok, but why does kmail try to run it then ?

Then kmail terminates and konsole shows:

kmail2(12622)/libakonadi Akonadi::GetLockJob::Private::timeout: Timeout trying to get lock. Check who has acquired the name "org.kde.pim.SpecialCollections" on DBus, using qdbus or qdbusviewer.
kmail2(12622)/libakonadi Akonadi::SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::lockResult: Failed to get lock: "Zeitüberschreitung beim Erhalten der Sperre."
kmail2(12622) MailCommon::Kernel::emergencyExit: "In KMail ist ein schwerwiegender Fehler aufgetreten. Das Programm wird beendet.

... which I assume is due to mysqld, akonadiserver and akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource still filling the DB.
Is that correct ?

Note: I tried this already yesterday with KDE 4.7.2 and let the system run over night, but 12 hours later the CPU was still at 100%
so I stopped this test.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin