[kdepim-users] KDEPIM 4.7 and virtuoso-t eating cpu

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 09:23:46 GMT 2011

O. Sinclair wrote:

> On 25/11/11 09:12, Andras Mantia wrote:
>> O. Sinclair wrote:
>>
>>> I did this and for sure the cpu eating part is gone. But so is
>>> autocompleting from addressbook in KMail... aaargghh
>>>
>>> Anyone knows how to get it back?
>>
>> I wrote that this is the price you pay for deactivating nepomuk.
>> So far for me, removing the nepomuk database and starting again "fixed"
>> the CPU usage, now I even have strigi (file system indexer) enabled and
>> so far so good.
>>
> Yes I saw that and am not blaming you. I have Nepomuk and Desktop Search
> enable and all is well, no more cpu chewing.
>
> But autocompletion went missing and am wondering if there is a way to
> get it back?

If you turned them  back on after removing the virtuoso database, it might
be that it didn't index the contacts yet.
You can monitor the Akonadi Nepomuk Feeder inside akonadiconsole, and you
will see that it suspends itself quite aggressively (at least in the
upcoming 4.8), even a slightest move of mouse does that. This to reduce CPU
usage and distruption of the users work, with the price of slower initial
indexing.

Andras