[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Andreas Zeller a-zeller at web.de
Fri Nov 4 19:03:38 GMT 2011

Am 04.11.2011, 17:50 Uhr, schrieb Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:

> On Friday 04 Nov 2011 Andreas Zeller wrote:
>> Am 03.11.2011, 12:25 Uhr, schrieb Anne Wilson
>> <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
>> [...]
>> >
>> > Don't worry about that for now.  If we can get your Personal Contacts
>> > folder
>> > to show the contacts you can drag copies of the contacts into the
>> std.vcf
>> > resource.
>>
>> Please tell me, how does it work. I can't figure it out.
>
> Now that you have one set of contacts showing, create a resource that
> points
> to ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf.  It will be empty of course, but you
> can
> simply select a handful of contacts at a time from your
> ~/.kde/share/apps/stdvcf/ addressbook and drag and drop them onto the
> newly
> created resource in KAddressBook.  You will end up with a single file of
> concatenated records.

It works! Great.

But why not use only this resource? It seems to be smart, comfortable and
readable. And it still contains the pictures.

>  My personal feeling is that it is an extra security, to
> have both formats of addressbook.

So you "backup" manually this way every now and then? Is there a different
to export as vCard every now and then?

Can both resources be linked, so every change is stored twice? I don't
think so.