[kdepim-users] birthdays from addressbook in calender

Kai-Simon Goetzmann ks.goetzmann at web.de
Sun May 29 11:11:11 BST 2011

Hey all,

I'm just getting into using Kontact, and I quite like the idea of
integrating the whole PIM suite. However, some things don't quite work
together as they should, yet. In particular I don't manage to have the
birthdays from my addressbook shown in the calendar.
The version I'm using is Kontact 4.4.10. I have a local addressbook (in
~/.local/share/contacts/) with several folders. For some of the contacts
in there I have set the birthday ("Edit contact" -> tab "personal" ->
"birthday"). Then in Kalender I've added a new calender, choosing
"birthdays from addressbook" as a type - but the birthdays don't show
up. Am I doing something wrong here? Otherwise I'll have to file a bug,
I guess...

Can anybody help me? BTW: I'm using the german version of Kontact so I
might have guessed some of the english versions of menues etc. wrong...

Thanks in advance,
KSG

--
Rezonvillestraße 2