[kdepim-users] Korganizer time zone problem

John Murphy murphyjj at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 17 14:01:43 BST 2011

There is something I don't understand about the setting of time zones in KDE / Korganizer, and I hope someone can help.

If I accept an invitation (from an external Outlook client) from within Kontact and choose the calendar as akonadi > akonadit_gcal_resouce _1 (google calendar) then the contact is entered as GMT (UTC ?) instead of GMT+10 (Sydney, Australia).
However, if I move to Gmail (where the mail has been duplicated) and accept the invitation, it is inserted correctly - and then shows up correctly within Korganizer.

(I hope I've explained this clearly enough.)

What setting have I got wrong here? (or is it a Outlook problem that Google handles but KDE doesn't)

I have set the time zone everywhere I can see it applies: Yast, sysemsettings, NTP, Hardware Clock set to UTC, NTP is automatic.
Google calendar is set to the right time zone (Australia / Sydney)

KDE is (4.6.3) "release 4"
korganizer-4.4.11.1-3.3.x86_64
opensuse 11.4

I've googled around, but can't find any meaningful clues.

Thanks,
- -
johnM