[kdepim-users] hi

Cristobal G cristobal.griffin at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:25:20 BST 2011

HI,

I'm new to the list, and a new user of KDE in the Mepis environment (KDE
4.5.1)

I was initially excited about using KMail for its integration with the
desktop, but I was unable to get it to talk to my Gmail account, despite
plugging in all of the same settings that work perfectly in Thunderbird.

Now I've learned about Kontact and the integration of all of these tools
with Akonadi.   it looks pretty exciting, but is it working?   Would I have
to go to a more recent KDE or can I run Kontact in 4.5.1?

Are all of the tools in the kontact suite working with Akonadi now?

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth taking another look at KMail /
Kontact now...

I wish I could go back and look at the archives of this list to see if these
questions are already answered, but alas I can not... ;-(

Thanks for any pointers,
Chris