[kdepim-users] Re: Current state of KDE-PIM

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:41:25 GMT 2011

On Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:06:53 O. Sinclair wrote:
> more specifically KMail and KAdressbook
>
> For starters I just want to confirm if it is me or the distro/KDE/PIM
> version I use or if the problems are generally known.
>
> I use Kubuntu 10.10 upgraded to KDE SC4.6.1
> Kontact reports container 4.49
> KMail reports 1.13.5
> KAdressBook reports 4.4.9
>
> KMail: when retrieving pop mail actually fails you get no error message.
> To confirm this I tried to retrieve from a closed account: no error
> message whatsoever, it acts as if all is hunky dory and no mail to fetch
>
> KMail: copy text from an email that is not open (just viewed) and it
> grabs htmlcode as well. Paste it in something else (editor, mail
> whatever) and you get jibberish. Well code and text actually. Hit Reply
> and then copy from the "open in editor"-mail and it works as expected
>
> KMail/KAdressbook: Groups/Distribution lists have ceased functioning. I
> can create one but try use it and nothing happens. I create a mail, I
> send it and it goes into some black hole because it never reaches any
> recipient and I do not get an error message
>
> Kind regards,
> Sinclair

Same version of SC, Kubuntu, and PIM as above.

Same issues as raised by Sinclair. HTML paste is the most annoying one...

One more to add -- when having google calendar as resource, it never updates
with google cal -- I need to delete it as resource and to add it again to have
updated entries.  Also having it makes my all PIM to work slow.
gk