[kdepim-users] Current state of KDE-PIM

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:06:53 GMT 2011

more specifically KMail and KAdressbook

For starters I just want to confirm if it is me or the distro/KDE/PIM
version I use or if the problems are generally known.

I use Kubuntu 10.10 upgraded to KDE SC4.6.1
Kontact reports container 4.49
KMail reports 1.13.5
KAdressBook reports 4.4.9

KMail: when retrieving pop mail actually fails you get no error message.
To confirm this I tried to retrieve from a closed account: no error
message whatsoever, it acts as if all is hunky dory and no mail to fetch

KMail: copy text from an email that is not open (just viewed) and it
grabs htmlcode as well. Paste it in something else (editor, mail
whatever) and you get jibberish. Well code and text actually. Hit Reply
and then copy from the "open in editor"-mail and it works as expected

KMail/KAdressbook: Groups/Distribution lists have ceased functioning. I
can create one but try use it and nothing happens. I create a mail, I
send it and it goes into some black hole because it never reaches any
recipient and I do not get an error message

Kind regards,
Sinclair