[kdepim-users] Re: Kontact-embedded okular and pdf printing/saving: howto?

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 06:07:26 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 21:15:34 Pascal Hasko Bernhard wrote:
> Am Dienstag 08 März 2011, 06:46:00 schrieb Johannes Graumann:
> > Hello,
> >
> >  I posted this a long while back (Jul 07, 2010), but received no answer
> >  and
> >
> > just re-run into the issue - so I repost:
> >
> > I extensively use Akregator in Kontact to track scientific literature and
> > this often leads me to PDFs that are then opened in a Kontact/Akregator
> > embedded Okular. So nice so good. I have however been unable to figure
> > out how to save or print a PDF from inside the embedded Okular - can
> > anybody give me a hint on how to achieve that?
> >
> > This is Kontact Version 4.4.7 on debian testing.
>
> Hi Joh,
>
> having Akregator (which I like too) open PDF documents externally with
> Okular as a stand-alone application not integrated into Kontact is not an
> option for you? There would be less of a problem with printing and
> keyboard shortcuts. You would have to change the default program for
> viewing PDFs in
> "Systemsettings".

Wouldn't changing it in System Settings also prevent Konqueror from embedding
Okular? I'd like PDF's to open externally in Okular when opened from
Kontact/Akregator both due to screen space limitation and missing menu entries
and shortcuts, but when opened from Konqueror I mostly prefer it to open
embedded.

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L