[kdepim-users] Newbie delight

C. Andrews Lavarre alavarre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 20:03:29 GMT 2011

Hello all. I started learning about ktimetracker yesterday, have read the
manual and many web pages, but have a few remaining questions that perhaps
someone might address, please:

My version is 4.4.10 according to YaST, although the About dialog says 4.4.5.
I am running it on openSUSE 11.4 with KDE 4.6.

=======================
1. How can I export to a file the view presented by File > Edit History?
	This is exactly the presentation I would like but have been unable to
export it. File > Export >Export History gives only the title and totals.

=======================
2. How can I transfer events from one calendar to be subtasks in another
calendar?

I have figured out to have two calendars loaded:

---------------------------------

1) the default /home/$user/.kde4/share/apps/ktimetracker/ktimetracker.ics in
the first tab window

I have Clock > Track Active Applications turned OFF in the first calendar,
which lets me set up an orderly set of tasks and subtasks, e.g., Work > Jobs >
Apply

---------------------------------

2) another *.ics calendar in a second tab window

I have Clock > Track Active Applications turned ON in the second calendar,
which lets me accumulate the chronological history of activity that I am
trying rto export in (1.) above.

 What would be really cool is to be able to move or copy the tasks in the
second calendar to be sub-subtasks of the subtasks in the first calendar.
That way you have the minute-by-minute chronological history but also the
ability to assign the sequential task in the second window to a "category"
task in the first window.
There are few other minor questions, but these are the two biggies.

The application rocks. Very well done.

Cheers, Andy Lavarre, Newport, RI USA