[kdepim-users] KDEPIM on Ubuntu 10.04

Mark mark.klug at ccagent.com
Wed Mar 30 21:24:19 BST 2011

Hi everyone,
    I have been using Ubuntu on my Toshiba netbook NB305 for just over a
year.  While a Linux afficianado for my servers for well over a decade
this is my first real usage of the desktop.  I really like  the Ubuntu
Netbook interface and the Linux desktop in general.

    The problem I have is that I am in sales and a good PIM is
absolutely necessary for me.  Evolution sucks so I am looking for
something else.  A friend at the local LUG suggested I try KDE and PIM.
  For some reason Kubuntu with the netbook interface gave me a bunch of
problems and I'm still unsure if I like the interface.  In the meantime,
I really liked Kontact but the older version that I could install was a
bit unstable.  (I had a bunch of problems with the Akonadi server).  I'm
told 4.6.1 is much more stable and I'm willing to try it.  (Having had
to revert back to paper & pencil when Evolution failed.)

   The question is, how do I install KDEPIM 4.6.1 on Ubuntu 10.04?
Anyone tried it with the netbook remix?

TIA,
Mark