[kdepim-users] Re: HELP : about to loose 3000+ messages of my inbox

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Mar 24 19:02:55 GMT 2011

On Thursday 24 March 2011, christophe wrote:
> Le Thursday 24 March 2011 10:00:39 christophe, vous avez écrit :
> > [...]
>
> What i did to retrieve 300 mails lost from june 2010 til october 2010
> :
>
> - Save inbox file.
> - Edit this file with kwrite
> - Look for the line where mail of June 6th 2010 ends
> - Look for the line where mail of October 19th 2010 begins
> - Between those two messages, nothing was seen from kmail but there
> were ~300000 lines tin the inbox file edoted from kwrite.
> - i found that the first message in these lines didnot finish
> correctly with th --=====number==---

I don't fully understand. I guess you mean a separator line like
--===============0514903022==--
?

Did the first message have something like
in the header (if you look at the message with View->View Source)?

If the message was a plain text message (Content-type: text/plain) then
it does not need any separators.

> - So i cut this lines from this file to put it in another file named
> inbox2 and saved in my Documents folder.
> - Then i have imported this mbox file from kmail
> - i hope not too much messages have been lost
>
> What do you think ?

Hmm. Did you try Anne's suggestion to delete the index files? Did this
not help?