[kdepim-users] Re: Kontact-embedded okular and pdf printing/saving: howto?

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Tue Mar 8 06:53:31 GMT 2011

Hi Joh

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 06:46:00 Johannes Graumann wrote:
> I extensively use Akregator in Kontact to track scientific literature and
> this often leads me to PDFs that are then opened in a Kontact/Akregator
> embedded Okular. So nice so good. I have however been unable to figure out
> how to save or print a PDF from inside the embedded Okular - can anybody
> give me a hint on how to achieve that?

I just tried and it seems that

(a) the UI is severely limited in this test, it would be nice to have "print"
and "save copy" added
(b) short cuts are devoured by either Akregator or Kontact and not passed down
to okular - I usually have CTRL-ALT-s mapped to "save copy as" but it's
ignored :(

Currently my "resort" is to open arxiv.org in the browser and let it call
okular from there :(

Carsten