[kdepim-users] Re: KMail 2.1.0 shows no messages in folder

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Jun 30 20:31:38 BST 2011

On Thursday 30 June 2011, Malte Gell wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011, 21:59:18 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > On Wednesday 29 June 2011, Malte Gell wrote:
> > > My trash folder in KMail 2.1.0 says 900 messages in total and 300
> > > unread. But, when I visit the folder it is shown as empty.
> > >
> > > How can i get back the messages in this folder? I have alread
> > > deleted the index and *.ids file in ~/.kde4/share/apps/kmail and
> > > started KMail again, but the folder is still shown as empty. The
> > > "trash" file has severel MB of size, so the messages are
> > > physically there, but not shown in KMail.
> > >
> > > I have read this may be a known bug in 2.1.0, but is there
> > > already a way there to get the messages as visible again?
> >
> > Try copying the "trash" file, e.g. to "trashcopy". Does a folder
> > "trashcopy" appear in KMail?
>
> Nope. I copied the folder with konsole, not with the KMail GUI. Kmail
> also did not create a new index filer after I deleted the original
> index file. Of course, KMail was shut down when I did the copy
> actions.

I don't think KMail2 still uses the index files. So it's not surprising
that they have not been recreated. OTOH, it is surprising that the
copied folder does not appear in KMail.

Next try: Move the copy of the folder (with Konsole) to a separate
folder. Create a new mbox resource pointing to the copy of the folder.